A rare pair of silver and enamel wings for the NZ Flying School, the red NZ centre, with fern leaves flanked by white enamelled wings above 'FLYING SCHOOL'. The school was set up in Kohimarama (Mission Bay) in October 1915 to train pilots for service in Great Britain, eventually training 110 men by the end of WW1. Many went on to gain commissions in the Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Naval Air Service. Often these wings are Auckland-made, but these are the less common variety made by W. R. Bock, Wellington, stamped mark to reverse. Included in this lot is a bronze Royal Flying Corps cap badge.