An 17ct gold sapphire and diamond pendant
a 5.70ct cushion cut Ceylonese cornflower blue sapphire claw set and surrounded by fourteen old cut diamonds, gold suspension bale, TDW 1.40ct. GIA certificate for sapphire states "No Indication of Heating". Valuation available.
Lawrence William Wilson (1850/52-1912)
'Mt Sefton & Hooker Valley', oil on canvas, signed, entitled and dated 1895?, 1050 x 585mm. In original gilt frame, noted on reverse "Tourist Bureau'. Provence: Purchased approximately 60 years ago by our vendors grandfather from a Wellington gallery. Note: New Zealand was the first country to dedicate a government department to tourism. In 1901, the Department of Tourist and Health Resorts (New Zealand Government Tourist Bureau) came into being. Through most of the 20thC, its role was tactical - running hotels and putting together itineraries around New Zealand as well as advertising
A Rolex ref 5500 Explorer stainless steel wristwatch
automatic movement, black dial with luminous markers and Arabic numerals at 3, 6 and 9, sweep seconds. Stainless steel bracelet.
A fine native timbers jewel box
by Alexander Leith (b.1880), Dunedin, winner of 1st Award, Court of Education, Home Industries Section, NZ & South Seas International Exhibition, Dunedin 1925-26. The front of the box with panel inscribed 'The Last of the Waikare' above an illustrative inlay of the same. The steamer Waikare ran aground in Dusky Sound in 1910, all passengers and crew were landed before she sank the following day. The sides and back similarly inlaid with scenes entitled 'Wet Jacket Arm', 'Facile Harbour' and 'Wrecked Jan 4, 1910'. The hinged lid with a scene of sail and rowboats on the sound. Opening to reveal a plaque inside the lid with inlaid monogram 'BWC' for Betty Watt Leith (nee Cormack), wife of Alexander Clark Leith. Reputedly some of the inlaid timbers came from the wreck. Contents include some authenticating papers, exhibition correspondence, album, exhibitor's card, etc. 330 x 245 x 210mm
A silver cutlery canteen
Old English pattern, 89 piece, comprising 12 each: table, dessert, soup, tea and coffee spoons, table and dessert forks, plus three mustard spoons and two salt spoons. Total silver weight 4250gm. In three tier oak canteen. Sheffield 1913 by Joseph Rogers Ltd. With 27 'bone' handled table and luncheon knives.
A 14ct white gold emerald and diamond bracelet
one hundred and four oval cut, bluish green emeralds (heavily included) claw set and flanked by outer rows of round brilliant cut diamonds, TEW 17.74ct, TDW 1.93ct. Valuation available.
An 18ct pink gold aquamarine and diamond ring
a 10.79ct step emerald cut aquamarine claw set and surrounded by twenty-two round brilliant cut diamonds, upswept shoulders and basket mount, TDW 1.54ct. Valuation available.
A 19thC gold and micro mosaic pendant/photo locket
the front decorated with a micro mosaic floral design, the back with glass for photo. (testing as 22ct).
An 18ct gold bracelet
stylish integral links, push clasp with safety catches, 48.44gm.
A good pre-European Maori pounamu toki (greenstone adze)
tapered rounded form with pecked tang, the polished blade of curved form with fine cutting edge. L.200mm. Registration No. Y. 21272. Must be a registered collector to purchase.
A rare Royal Doulton Blue Children series umbrella stand
square form, each panel decorated with an individual scene, acanthus decoration to each corner, wild flowers around the exterior and interior rim, with gilded embellishment. 280 x 280 x 590mm.
An 18ct gold Greek style hinged bangle
reeded decoration with Doric column terminals, designed by Robert Wander for WINC, stamped mark to hinge, 48gm.
A twelve place silver cutlery set
Old English pattern, comprising 12 each: tablespoons, dessertspoons, teaspoons, dessert forks, table forks, and six egg spoons, in mahogany box, various dates and makers, 3428gm.
A large dark green pounamu carved boulder bowl
the top hollowed out as a bowl, the underside river worn with natural surface polish intact. 500 x 300 x 120mm. Weight approx. 22kgs.
A late Victorian sterling silver butler's tray
plain gadrooned rim and handles, with presentation inscription from the Halifax Choral Society (established in 1817 and still performing), Sheffield 1900 by Harrison Brothers & Howson (George Howson), 3100gm.
A Cartier 18ct yellow white and rose gold diamond ring
the three gold bands terminating with a diamond encrusted "C" to the two openings at the top of ring, the interior of band inscribed with Cartier and a registration number, TDW 0.25ct. Valuation available.
A good Art Deco alabaster bust of a young woman
mounted on a marble base. Signed V.Mariani to the reverse. 420 x 210 x 420mm.
A 9ct gold Bohemian garnet and pearl necklace
a chandelier style centrepiece set with deep red Bohemian garnets and a small circle of pearls, suspended to the base of twenty three garnet and pearl links, push clasp.
A golden pearl necklace
a single strand of thirty-one golden South Sea pearls, slightly graduated (12mm - 13mm), the 14ct white gold ball clasp set with four round brilliant cut diamonds.
An 18thC brass 9-inch universal equinoctial ring dial [sundial] by W. & S. Jones
Holborn, London, circa 1790, two concentric brass rings folding flat, the chapter ring with hours I-XII-I-XII divided to 1 minute, equinoctial ring with degree scale in two quadrants and declination scale to reverse, the bridge with sliding pinhole gnomon on calendrical and zodiacal scales. Provenance: The H.N.E Sheppard Estate Collection.